What this is¶
SDK (software development kit) is a set of development tools that allows creating apps for certain program suite. Varwin SDK is a set of tools for creating content (objects, scene templates) for Varwin in the Unity development platform. In order to work with Varwin SDK, Unity ver. 2018.4.1f1 has to be installed on your PC.
Create objects for the Varwin platform on Unity. Any prefab can be used as a base for creating an object.
Created objects are packed as files with name suffix .vwo. These files can be uploaded to Varwin.
The file contains:
- bundle - complete model of a certain game object (not including code).
- bundle.manifest - metadata for the bundle.
- bundle.json - technical file; contains a description of the program code and remarks on bundle file contents.
- bundle.png - object icon. It’s displayed in Blockly and in the spawn menu.
- install.json - file for Blockly. It is used for automatic creation of blocks for Blockly (learn more: Working with Blockly - Blocks for objects).
- .dll files - executable fragments of the object.
Creating scene templates¶
Create scene templates for the Varwin platform on Unity.
Scene template file¶
Created scene templates are packed as files with name suffix .vwst. These files can be uploaded to Varwin.
Import models FBX, obj, blend and glTF through Unity into Varwin, one by one or in bulk.
Specify the object’s name, weight, dimensions, whether it can be moved or used, whether it has physical properties.
Objects, scene templates versioning¶
Create new versions of existing objects/scene templates.
Bulk build of objects¶
Perform bulk build of all the objects you’ve created for Varwin.