Equipment and System Requirements for the Varwin Platform¶
The Varwin platform requires:
- VR equipment set
- personal computer fitting the following system requirements.
- VR equipment set (options a-c at choice):
a. HTC Vive
- full kit: VR headset - 1 pcs, wireless controllers - 2 pcs, base stations - 2 pcs., accessories
- photo stands - might be useful for base stations placement, depending on room characteristics and desired arrangement of the base stations.
- VR headset - 1 pcs, wireless controllers - 2 pcs, Oculus sensors - 2 pcs, accessories
c. Windows Mixed Reality (WMR) (any manufacturer)
- VR headset - 1 pcs, wireless controllers - 2 pcs, accessories
- WMR kit doesn’t require any additional movement trackers
PC system requirements¶
- OS: Windows 10 and higher, x64
- Processor: Intel Core i5 - i7* or AMD Ryzen 5
- Memory: 8 Gb and higher
- Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1060 6 Gb video memory and higher* (or similar in performance)
- 10+ Gb hard drive free space
- USB 3.0 motherboard and power supply unit, corresponding with the above specifications
- (for WMR): Bluetooth 4.0
- Video output: HDMI 1.4, 2.0 or DisplayPort 1.3 (depending on the chosen equipment requirements)
*depending on content complexity
VR equipment manufacturers offer compatibility check tools for Windows-based PCs. Choose equipment of interest and download compatibility check tool from official sources.
The following software must be installed on your PC in order for the Varwin system to operate:
- Steam VR
- (for Windows Mixed Reality equipment): Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR
- Unity 2018.4.1f1 (for creating objects and/or scene templates)
For detailed instructions on required software installation, please see Varwin installation and launch - Preparing your PC.